Department of Tourism,
Government of Karnataka in association with
Youth Photographic Society,
is pleased to invite you to participate in the Monthly Photography Contest sponsored by Department of Tourism
to promote tourism in Karnataka.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Your photographs on Karnataka will show
the entire world the beauty and diversity of Karnataka. The Picture of the Month will be displayed
in large hoardings of the Department, which are put up at prominent places, with the name of the photographer.
Award-winning pictures will be used in promotion material of the Department with due credits to the photographer.
Let us bring to life the Cities of Karnataka
Each city has a character and charm of its own. There are cities with sky risers and others with excellent architecture. Some cities have
interesting traditions. Some others have mass gatherings, rallies, processions and events. Each city boasts of its own professional excellence. Cities have their
own parks, lakes and other places of beauty. Markets in different cities are widely varied. For the purpose of this contest, pictures must have been taken in one
of the cities listed below:
- Robertson Pet
Let us showcase the best of our Cities in their physical, cultural, professional, industrial, economical dimensions.
Bring out the best of Karnataka ! Expose the hidden Gems !
Apart from winning cash prizes and certificates from Department of Tourism, the contest winner's picture (Picture of the Month) will be displayed
by Karnataka Tourism in large hoardings in prominent places with due credit to the Photographer.
Don't you want your picture to be seen by thousands?
Also selected pictures from this contest will be used in promotional materials such as hoardings and
publications distributed all over the world with due credits to the photographer.
Start shooting for the upcoming themes.
July 2017: Karnataka Waterfalls
Last date to submit pictures is Jun 30, 2017
Here are some key points to note:
- The contest is open to photo enthusiasts from all over India.
- All Pictures must be submitted on-line through this website. Submission of pictures through emails and in print form will not be accepted.
- Pictures submitted must have been photographed in Karnataka cities listed above.
- Pictures matching themes already covered in Karnataka Tourism Contests in 2017 will not be considered. Please look into the Hall of Fame page to understand past themes,
- Pictures that have already won Awards or Certificates in the earlier Karnataka Tourism Contests hosted since Sep 2016 by YPS are not eligible to compete.
- Pictures with the name of photographer in Title or File Name or on the face of the picture will be rejected.
- If the picture submitted has recognizable isolated faces in prominence, the photographer submitting the picture should have the concurrence of the person(s) in the photograph for use in promotional material.
- Karnataka Tourism plans to publicize the Picture of the Month through large hoardings placed in prominent places with due credits to the Photographer. Selected pictures will also be used in other promotional materials. Hence the photographer must be in a position to provide a full resolution picture in TIFF or JPEG format with at least 4500 pixels on the long side.
Read all Terms and Conditions before submitting your pictures.
The contest is hosted by Youth Photographic Society (YPS) Bengaluru
Picture of the Month 1
Cash Award: Rs.10000 each
Karnataka Tourism will be displaying the Picture of the Month in large hoardings in prominent places with due credit to the Photographer.
Certificate of Merit 4
Cash Award: Rs.5000 each
The Photographer would be provided a Certificate from Karnataka Tourism.
Simple Steps to Participate
Step 1 - Register your details if you are participating in the contest for the first time.
If you are already registered, you can directly go for Upload.
Step 2 - Upload your images. Enter your registered Email and Password, if requested, to login.
You can upload one picture at a time. Thumbnails of your uploaded pictures will be shown on the right side. After submitting the
maximum allowed number of pictures, you will not be allowed to upload any pictures.
Substituting an Uploaded Picture - If you want to change any picture already submitted, click on the
icon below the picture that you want to substitute. This will remove that picture from your list and you will be allowed to upload another picture.
* Click the links see the results