Department of Tourism,
Government of Karnataka in association with
Youth Photographic Society,
is pleased to invite you to participate in the Monthly Photography Contest sponsored by Department of Tourism
to promote tourism in Karnataka.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Your photographs on Karnataka will show
the entire world the beauty and diversity of Karnataka. The Picture of the Month will be displayed
in large hoardings of the Department, which are put up at prominent places, with the name of the photographer.
Award-winning pictures will be used in promotion material of the Department with due credits to the photographer.
Karnataka has diverse and refreshing landscapes that can take you closer to mother nature and keep you mesmerized.
Karnataka is blessed with a rich variety of Landscapes. Karnataka has over 38,000 Sq.KMs of forests. Western Ghats has been
identified as a bio-diversity hot spot. There are over a dozen major rivers, hundreds of water bodies, more than 10 major water falls, many trekking trails,
large plantations, valleys, meadows, hills etc. These also change through the seasons to assume different colors and also present
different skies, making it possible to have an ever changing canvas of the elements of nature. These living systems offer the travellers close
encounters with nature. With such vast areas of untouched beauty, we expect to see photographs of spectacular view of the landscapes of Karnataka.
The contest winner's picture (Picture of the Month) will be displayed by Karnataka Tourism in large hoardings in prominent places with
due credit to the Photographer. Also selected pictures from this contest will be used in promotional materials such as hoardings and
publications distributed all over the world with due credits to the photographer.
Submit your pictures! Shoot to Fame!
May 2017: To be announced
Last date to submit pictures is Apr 30, 2017
Here are some key points to note:
- The contest is open to photo enthusiasts from all over India.
- Pictures submitted must have been shot in Karnataka.
- Pictures matching themes already covered in Karnataka Tourism Contests in 2017 will not be considered. Please look into the Hall of Fame page to understand past themes,
- Pictures that have already won Awards or Certificates in the earlier Karnataka Tourism Contests hosted since Sep 2016 by YPS are not eligible to compete.
- Pictures with the name of photographers in Title or File Name or on the face of the picture will b rejected.
- If the picture submitted has recognizable isolated faces in prominence, the photographer submitting the picture should have the concurrence of the person(s) in the photograph for use in promotional material.
- Karnataka Tourism plans to publicize the Picture of the Month through large hoardings placed in prominent places with due credits to the Photographer. Selected pictures will also be used in other promotional materials. Hence the photographer must be in a position to provide a full resolution picture in TIFF or JPEG format with at least 4500 pixels on the long side.
Read all Terms and Conditions before submitting your pictures.
The contest is hosted by Youth Photographic Society (YPS) Bengaluru
Picture of the Month 1
Cash Award: Rs.10000 each
Karnataka Tourism will be displaying the Picture of the Month in large hoardings in prominent places with due credit to the Photographer.
Certificate of Merit 4
Cash Award: Rs.5000 each
The Photographer would be provided a Certificate from Karnataka Tourism.
Simple Steps to Participate
Step 1 - Register your details if you are participating in the contest for the first time.
If you are already registered, you can directly go for Upload.
Step 2 - Upload your images. Enter your registered Email and Password, if requested, to login.
You can upload one picture at a time. Thumbnails of your uploaded pictures will be shown on the right side. After submitting the
maximum allowed number of pictures, you will not be allowed to upload any pictures.
Substituting an Uploaded Picture - If you want to change any picture already submitted, click on the
icon below the picture that you want to substitute. This will remove that picture from your list and you will be allowed to upload another picture.
* Click the links see the results