- Picture size requirements:
- The Maximum Size for the longer side is 1920 pixels.
- The Minimum Size for the longer side is 1024 pixels. Any picture less than this size will be rejected.
- Only pictures of heritage monuments in Karnataka would be accepted. At the time of uploading, specify the location of the monument.
- Photographers from any place in India can participate in the contest.
- Since the selected photograph(s) could be displayed as large size hoardings, coffee-table books, brochures and other media, the Photographer
of selected picture will be required to submit a full resolution picture of not less than 4500 pixels on the long side,
preferably in 16 Bit TIFF format. Before submitting the picture, please ensure that this requirement can be met.
World Tourism Day Photography Contest 2023
Show and Glorify the UNESCO Heritage Sites of Karnataka!
Department of Tourism,
Government of Karnataka in association with
Youth Photographic Society®,
is pleased to invite you to participate in the World Tourism Day Photography Contest 2023.
The contest is being organized to celebrate World Tourism Day, by recognizing photographers who can bring out the glory of the below listed UNESCO Heritage monuments in Karnataka.
Pictures not only speak for themselves but offer inspiration to explore, appreciate, cherish and treasure our rich heritage.
Your photographs will show the world, the rich heritage of Karnataka.
Karnataka is home to many of the most spectacular, natural landscapes, exceptionally marvellous waterfalls, ancient caves and
temples and uniquely rich cultural heritage. Along with the natural beauty in the form of landscape, ancient dynasties have
added to its beauty with magnificent palaces, architecturally rich temples, majestic dams, monolithic statues, forts and buildings.
The focus of this contest is only on UNESCO Heritage Monuments of Karnataka. Here is the list:
- Monuments at Belur
- Monuments at Halebeedu
- Monuments at Hampi
- Monuments at Pattadakal
- Monuments at Somanathapura
The list is limited to this. The Photographs should cover onlythese heritage monuments for this contest.
Last date to submit pictures is Oct 31, 2023
Here are some key points to note:
- The contest is open to photo enthusiasts from all over India.
- All Pictures must be submitted on-line through this website. Submission of pictures through emails and in print form will not be accepted.
- The picture should have been shot in Karnataka. At the time of submission of the picture the photographer would be required to declare the location and confirm the correctness of the location. Prize will be withdrawn and the Photographer will not be allowed to participate in future contests, if it is established that the picture was not taken in Karnataka.
- Pictures with the name of photographer in Title or File Name or on the face of the picture will be rejected.
- If the picture submitted has recognizable isolated faces in prominence, the photographer submitting the picture should have the concurrence of the person(s) in the photograph for use in promotional material.
- Karnataka Tourism will have the rights to use the award winning pictures in hoardings, publications and brochures of the department and other promotional materials created by the Department. Hence the photographer must be in a position to provide a full resolution picture in TIFF or JPEG format with at least 4500 pixels on the long side.
Read all Terms and Conditions before submitting your pictures.
The contest is hosted by Youth Photographic Society (YPS) Bengaluru.
|UNESCO Heritage Monuments of Karnataka
1st Award 1
Cash Award: Rs.25000
2nd Award 1
Cash Award: Rs.15000
2nd Best picture
3rd Award 1
Cash Award: Rs.10000
3rd Best Picture
Certificate of Merit 5
Cash Award: Rs.2000 each
Highly Commendable Pictures
Simple Steps to Participate
Step 1 - Register your details if you are participating in the contest for the first time.
If you are already registered, you can directly go for Upload.
Step 2 - Upload your images. Enter your registered Email and Password, if requested, to login.
You can upload one picture at a time. Thumbnails of your uploaded pictures will be shown on the right side. After submitting the
maximum allowed number of pictures, you will not be allowed to upload any pictures.
Substituting an Uploaded Picture - If you want to change any picture already submitted, click on the
icon below the picture that you want to substitute. This will remove that picture from your list and you will be allowed to upload another picture.
* Click the links see the results